The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Export Quality Specialist is responsible for the quality of export products produced at the Clinton, NC facility. Responsibilities include working with Export Manager, QA, and Operations to ensure the product is produced to the specifications and verifying that the quality systems and programs are in place specifically for export products. Other responsibilities include verifying the integrity of specialty hog programs from receiving of the hog to the shipment of the finished product. This position is expected to master and apply Quality Assurance and Food Safety policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Based on production schedule, obtains export codes that were produced and performs routine audit correlations and product reviews with plant management, QA, and product management.
- Conducts verification of key operational parameters identified as critical to export product quality (FM control programs, enhance sanitation procedures, product handling requirements, cold chain management, other special customer requirements).
- Monitors audits of export products in the plant as well as cold storage facilities to include label verification, box performance, pallet condition, box integrity and export document accuracy.
- Assists with training QA and Operations in new product specs and customer requirements.
- Analyzes QA data to established trends in product and process consistency. Analyzes non-conformance to determine product/process variations.
- Proposes improvements to both products and processes to QA, Sales, and Operations management for continual improvement for export product.
- Coordinates with plant management for disposition of non-conforming products or deviations from operational parameters.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee's supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Meat Science or related field and 3-5 years of experience in the meat industry; equivalent combination of college education and experience in lieu of college degree.
- Strong understanding of the different pork cuts and main defects associated with each piece.
- Proficient with work measurement concepts, practices, and procedures within the Meat Industry.
- Ability to use exposure-monitoring equipment and interpret/communicate results.
- Ability to understand specifications and audits as they relate to the customer expectations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2bqqw5fnnm8bgwmc