By Matt Skoufalos
1. Radiological Service Training Institute (RSTI) has named Bernie Dixon its director of services. Dixon joined RSTI from Crothall Healthcare, where he spent three years in various positions, most recently as national director of diagnostic imaging. Trained as a BMET in the U.S. Air Force, Dixon began his career as a field engineer with Digital X-Ray Specialists and later spent 16 years as a CT, nuclear medicine and PET team leader with GE Healthcare.
2. Rick Neufarth has joined the business development team at the InterMed Group of Alachua, Florida. Neufarth has spent 20 years in sales and management, working in radiology, asset management, equipment sales and IDN partnerships for GE Healthcare and Siemens Healthcare.
3. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital in Houston, Texas has named Hannah Gelbs its COO. Gelbs was promoted from associate administrator at West Houston Medical Center; both are part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. She has a master’s degree in health care administration from Trinity University, and is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
4. EMD Serono of Rockland, Massachusetts has promoted Zhen Su, global head of medical affairs, oncology, to chief medical officer for North America.
5. Onrad Inc. of Riverside, California has added David Engert as president and CEO. Engert was president and CEO of Nighthawk Radiology Holdings Inc., has been president and CEO of Quality Care Solutions Inc. (QCSI), and has held senior leadership positions in sales and executive management at McKesson, HBOC, Sybase, Xerox and Boeing.
6. Syapse of San Francisco, California has added Dr. Aradhana Ghosh as vice president of oncology. A board-certified medical oncologist who has practiced hematology-oncology at Kaiser Permanente, Ghosh was most recently a medical oncologist at IBM Watson Health.
7. HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division of Houston, Texas has named Eric Evans the CEO of Tomball Regional Medical Center, replacing interim CEO Brett Kinman, who will remain COO. Evans was previously the CEO of East Houston Regional Medical Center, and has been with HCA Healthcare for 22 years. He has a master’s degree in health services administration from George Washington University and a bachelor’s degree in business administration from University of Texas.
8. The American Cancer Society has elected seven new members to its board of directors: Joseph A. Agresta, Jr., president of Benzel-Busch Motor Car Corporation; Bruce N. Barron of Origin Ventures; Edward J. Benz, Jr., president-CEO emeritus of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Nancy L. Birdwell, former executive vice president and CEO of the Scott & White Healthcare Foundation; Jennifer R. Crozier, president of the IBM Foundation and vice president of IBM Corporate Citizenship; Michael T. Marquardt, CEO of Global Kompass Strategies, Inc.; and Gary S. Shedlin, senior managing director and CFO of BlackRock. ICE