Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period-80
-TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Healthcare isn’t just for doctors and nurses. Are you eager to use your specialized Biomedical Imaging Repair skills to make a difference in healthcare? Then you’re in the right place. Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join our in-house Clinical Engineering team in one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much passion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities and make a difference in healthcare. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Relationships: Who will I work with?
As a Field Service Specialist-III, you will join our in-house Clinical Engineering team comprised of multiple levels of Biomeds and Field Service Technicians, led by a nation-wide network of Managers, Directors, and VP’s. You will also partner with some of our nation’s top clinical talent at the local hospital to ensure the best patient care. And, let’s not forget the most important relationship of all…our patients.
Impact: Why does this role matter?
This role matters because you will have a direct impact on patient care and satisfaction by ensuring all high-tech imaging equipment (Cath Lab, MRI, Advanced CT Scanners, and PET units) and biomedical equipment is functioning perfectly. Providing repair and maintenance primarily on imaging equipment, and general biomed equipment secondarily, in our hospitals keeps the equipment functioning optimally so that our clinical and direct patient care teams can provide the best patient care possible.
Functioning as a Level III also requires you to have the ability to:
- Utilize training opportunities to significantly reduce contract dependency.
- Be a leader in the Clinical Engineering department, providing oversight and assistance to other FSS’s
- Handle all service emergencies and necessary communications with Vendor, Department, and Clinical Engineering Manager.
- Provide coverage and support for the Account Manger during manager’s absence.
- Assist in the ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of diagnostic imaging and biomedical equipment.
- Provide input to the Account Manager regarding new service opportunities within a location serviced by the Clinical Engineering Division.
- Provide appropriate service cost history to the Account Manager with an emphasis on Contract v.s. Time and Material contrasts for the continual reduction of Service expense.
- Provide assistance with life cycle analysis, planning of installation, site preparations for new or relocated equipment.
- Read blueprints and effectively communicate to architects, engineers and project managers
You can make the biggest impact by meeting these requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field required
- CRES strongly preferred
- Eight years of related experience, servicing medical imaging equipment preferred
- Reliable transportation required
Growth: Is growth provided?
Yes, absolutely! Our teams are structured in a way that promote expansion of knowledge as well as upward mobility. As a high performing team member, you will have the opportunity to obtain specialty certifications, and work alongside our senior staff to grow your career within CHI, because together we’re better.