The Senior Diagnostic Imaging Engineer evaluates, diagnoses, and performs repair and preventive maintenance on all levels, from basic to complex, of diagnostic imaging equipment and instrumentation located in hospital and imaging centers. The employee at this technical level maintains advanced working knowledge of devices within designated area(s) of specialization and/or equipment manufacturers. This upper level position requires knowledge and experience with a variety of equipment (e.g. film processors, mammography, general radiology, bone densitometers, digitizers, nuclear medicine. etc.). The position provides field service under minimal supervision, reporting to the Director of Service Operations, and may require overnight travel.
This is a work from home position that will cover the North East territory.
- Associate Degree in Electronics, engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline or a minimum of 4 years technical experience in medical imaging instrumentation service and repair.
- Minimum 2 years progressively responsible experience in field service repair or equivalent bench experience in multi-modality medical diagnostic imaging equipment troubleshooting and repair. Modalities to include multi-vendor general radiology (GE, Philips, Siemens, etc.), fluoroscopy, mammography, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex equipment malfunctions and run diagnostic programs.
- Extensive knowledge of principles of electronics and mechanics as applied to testing, repair, maintenance of medical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawing of biomedical instrumentation.
- Substantial knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Intermediate knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Must have reading comprehension skills at the appropriate level to read and understand technical documents and equipment manuals.
- Current knowledge of standards (including Joint Commission), codes, and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of networking theory and technology.
- Good computer skills in word processing and data entry (Microsoft™ Office preferred).
- Proven proficiency in meeting paperwork completion requirements.
- Ability and skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated experience in the proper use of standard calibration and test equipment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work flexible hours, overtime on short notice, on-call as needed.
Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) preferred.
Advanced knowledge in one or more specialized area(s) of imaging equipment maintenance & repair may be required.
Certificates of prior training may be required.
Valid driver’s license with good driving record, reliable own transportation with adequate auto insurance. Will receive mileage reimbursement.
- Performs on-site repair, inspection, calibration, modification, and installation service as necessary; disassembles, assembles, modifies and tests mechanical and electronic modules.
- Schedules and completes preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of diagnostic imaging systems.
- Maintains inventory control, assessments, and audits.
- Completes all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required software & hardware upgrades in a timely manner and in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents post repair testing.
- Provides customer support on Diagnostic Imaging equipment related issues; informs customers and management appropriately and in a timely manner regarding activities, job completion or delays, significant problems, issue, concerns.
- Maintains accurate inventory of service parts, tools, and test equipment and advises manager of re-stocking needs.
- Researches and locates needed parts, and provides complete order information for purchase.
- Returns unused and failed parts promptly and according to company procedures.